Read Me/Disclaimer

Read Me/Disclaimer: This is a non-political/socio-political blog. It's a running tale of my Saudi Arabian adventure, great, good, bad, and ugly. It is uncensored, and I don't really care what you think of it, read it or don't. I don't care. I did not decide to do this as a means to an end, but rather to document the means with which I occupied my time while waiting for my end... All that being said, I'm an American Expat in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The opportunity to help build this system and the salary that accompanied it were to good to pass up.-Geoff

**
"The views presented here are just the views of some asshole named Geoff, they are not necessarily the views of my employer, my co-workers, my family or anybody else. First hand knowledge and second hand accounts were used to compile the information. These are not scientific facts and figures. These views are not necessarily supported, endorsed or even appreciated by the KSA the USA or any other country for that matter and the author makes absolutely no claim that they are."**

Thursday, January 19, 2012

**Clarification**

I'm sure it goes without saying, but regardless I wanted to clarify some stuff from the last posting, I didn't want to edit it, just clarify. And I have far too much to tell you about today's adventure to actually write it now, so we'll do some clarifying instead, maybe tomorrow for the real post.   When I was 17 I DID know everything.  We all did right?  Well actually maybe we did, maybe we didn't, but I'm seeing a great deal of indecision out of the younger generation (I know that's what every generation says!...BUT)  It seems as though 17 year old's have really stopped knowing everything, and worse they don't even try and fake it, they just say "I dunno" with a sorry ass look on their face.  This is going to be the ruin of us folks, the only thing worse than the wrong decision, is no decision.  Think about it!

So back to me, of course I was wrong, my family, my mother especially, dedicated her entire life as a young woman to me, and what was best for me.  She wasn't always perfect, but closer than 99% of the rest of the world has ever come, only my wife ever reaches the same standard, (although my dogs always exceed my expectations of perfect company and love 100% of the time).  I didn't know shit at 17, I was wrong about most everything, the Marine Corps helped straighten me out on that subject, but still, it took years and years of wrong decisions to begin making the right ones.  I felt it worth noting that that the people who helped in those decisions were my Mother first and foremost, my grandparents Dave and Grace, my uncles Pete and Dave and many other non family members, great friends and inspirations.  I really did say the words "I don't want to be anything like you!".  One of those many wrong decisions, maybe one that makes me try and not hurt people in that way ever again.  I mean sure, if someones an asshole, I'll talk to them like that, but if they just don't understand what I'm trying to say, regardless of how right and based in fact I may actually be, I try and not unleash that hurtful arsenal of words and phrases.  Probably to my detriment sometimes, I keep those things inside.  If somebody is really a waste of space, but a good hearted waste of space, why send them home crying?  Sigh, smile and shake their hand.  Try again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment