Read Me/Disclaimer

Read Me/Disclaimer: This is a non-political/socio-political blog. It's a running tale of my Saudi Arabian adventure, great, good, bad, and ugly. It is uncensored, and I don't really care what you think of it, read it or don't. I don't care. I did not decide to do this as a means to an end, but rather to document the means with which I occupied my time while waiting for my end... All that being said, I'm an American Expat in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The opportunity to help build this system and the salary that accompanied it were to good to pass up.-Geoff

**
"The views presented here are just the views of some asshole named Geoff, they are not necessarily the views of my employer, my co-workers, my family or anybody else. First hand knowledge and second hand accounts were used to compile the information. These are not scientific facts and figures. These views are not necessarily supported, endorsed or even appreciated by the KSA the USA or any other country for that matter and the author makes absolutely no claim that they are."**

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

hmm...Problem

Well folks, its been a fun ride but I think I'm taking the blog private or scrapping it altogether...I haven't completely decided yet.  Seems my boss got a letter from a student demanding my termination, stating that I don't much care for it here in the Kingdom, that I continually berate students and speak ill of the Kingdom, Islam and their mothers and sisters.  Doesn't look like he's taking it seriously, but rumor has it he's a little pissed.  Fortunately for me though nothing could be further from the truth, but that brings us to the point that I like to speak my mind.  I like to paint a true picture, not some fantasy bullshit that people like to show to the outside world.  And it also brings us to the point that I'm a foreigner here...a guest. Anything I said in the future or have said in the past could easily be taken out of context and in the hands of the right little evil shit, could possibly do some damage.  Even just cursing in these sentences is probably enough to get something leveled against me, even though I hate to believe that with all the great people I've met here, that kind of medieval mentality still exists.  So just for the record, these are my true thoughts on the KSA:  Interesting place, full of history with an incredible native people.  Foreigners are abused here and treated like slaves in some instances, though this is hardly the only place.  The only thing I have to say about Islam is that I didn't realize how similar it was to the things that I believe in Christianity.  As to women, well I'll say this, I love my wife, the woman waiting for me (hopefully!) back in the US.  I have not, nor will I degrade, pursue or even give the women here a second thought.  never have, never will.  There is not enough money or effort spent on tourism here, they like it that way, but I think it could do some good at opening things up to the world.  My employer is generous, and I like my job.  My students for the most part are wonderful human beings who I have a great deal of faith in, but just like in America, all it takes is one rotten apple to spoil the barrel.  Because I don't want to get kicked out of the Kingdom, I guess I'll take this private or delete it altogether.  If you want to keep reading, send me an e-mail or comment with your address and who you are and I'll add you.  I'll leave this public for a day or so.  Especially since I'm pretty sure that cowardly little liar reads it every day.  Unless something changes, this is the last public blog post, so hope you enjoyed it, I'm headed to bed...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your postings and insight. You can always send me a link to billyboy35@gmail.com. BTW, I am recovering from my hip replacement surgery. I'm doing really well.

    ReplyDelete