Read Me/Disclaimer

Read Me/Disclaimer: This is a non-political/socio-political blog. It's a running tale of my Saudi Arabian adventure, great, good, bad, and ugly. It is uncensored, and I don't really care what you think of it, read it or don't. I don't care. I did not decide to do this as a means to an end, but rather to document the means with which I occupied my time while waiting for my end... All that being said, I'm an American Expat in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The opportunity to help build this system and the salary that accompanied it were to good to pass up.-Geoff

**
"The views presented here are just the views of some asshole named Geoff, they are not necessarily the views of my employer, my co-workers, my family or anybody else. First hand knowledge and second hand accounts were used to compile the information. These are not scientific facts and figures. These views are not necessarily supported, endorsed or even appreciated by the KSA the USA or any other country for that matter and the author makes absolutely no claim that they are."**

Saturday, November 19, 2011

How it all began-recent history

Discontent with the state of Fire and EMS in the United States, especially the strong culture of "take it or leave it, but don't dare try and change it", I was always on the lookout for something "better".  I began looking outside of my own yard and discovered this opportunity.  The opportunity to build something from near ground up, a program designed to not only provide the Kingdom with a supply of well qualified local Paramedics, but to also help improve and push the current system of ambulance response.  I believed in the worth of the idea from the first interview and the quality of provider involved cemented my belief in the entire program soon after.  I participated in 3 skype interviews and was hired on a preliminary basis pending investigation of my background and certifications.  I began this process in June of 2011, I boarded a plane November 11th 2011  Arrived Riyadh via London on the 12th at 2359, hit the ground running and made it to work at 0800 the next morning...been going full speed ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment